Jamie Reisinger Dant MS, CNS, LDN, CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
Hi! Thanks for visiting my website, I am thrilled you stopped by to take a look around! On this page, you will learn a little about me and why I am so passionate about my health and the well-being of others.
With all the diets, cleanses, and detoxes out there it’s hard to know which is right for you. I can help!
I approach wellness from a long-term standpoint. There is a much higher chance of you being successful in the long run if you work with me on a regular basis to learn how to approach any situation life might bring your way. I prefer to ease my clients into new lifestyle habits in addition to permanently eliminating/significantly reducing the 3 most inflammatory food groups – sugar, gluten, and processed dairy.
Diets don’t work. They teach you that you can lose weight fast by temporarily eliminating entire macronutrients or by replacing a meal with a shake. What happens when you decide you are finished with that diet? Have you learned any long-term success habits?
Most detoxes and cleanses don’t work either, esp. when they are supplement based. You spend a ton of money on some supplements that are supposed to clean out your liver of unwanted toxins (a job that a functioning liver will do on it’s on for free), restrict calories, and do some light yoga (because your body is too depleted to work out hard). Then what happens after the cleanse? Have you learned any long-term success habits?The human body is an amazing piece of artwork that operates as one whole unit and relies on the health of each part to function optimally. If one system is sluggish and depleted, then the whole body is sluggish and depleted. With an education in Nutrition and Integrative Health, I believe that it is important to incorporate sleep, relationships, stress management, exercise, and nutrition in a wellness plan to truly be healthy.
WHAT HEALTHY EATING MEANS TO ME
Eating food that came from something that was once alive…animals, plants, roots, flowers…and while it was alive was treated with the respect it deserved. Once harvested, gathered, or butchered, each item should be left as close to its original form as possible. The further we get away from nature’s bounty, the closer we get to disease and illness.
Our bodies are like exotic cars. Would you put regular gas in a Ferrari time after time and expect it to perform like new for years? Probably not. This is like trying to fuel yourself with processed foods and expecting to never get sick and have a high energy level all day. Our premium gas exists in nature which is all around us. Unfortunately, there are a lot of weeds to pick through to find the good stuff, but it’s out there if you look for it!
We, as a society, are so confused about what we are supposed to eat. Low fat or High Fat? Low Carb or Carb Cycling? Paleo or Vegetarian? Eat every 3 hours or Intermittent Fasting? Calorie reduction by starvation or replace 2 meals a day with shakes?
We, as a society, are so confused about what the best form of exercise is. High-Intensity Interval Training or slow cardio? Lift heavy weights for fewer reps or lift lighter weights for more reps? CrossFit or Barre classes?
We, as a society, are so concerned with getting things done as fast as humanly possible and packing as many things onto our daily “To Do” lists as possible. We don’t take the time to slow down, enjoy relationships, really listen, or put our full focus on any one thing. We are multi-taskers. We average 5-6 hours of sleep/night. We are constantly running on empty.
I recognize that all of the above is killing our society, and you should too. More than 1/3 of Americans are Obese (2010), more than 2/3 are overweight (2010), and 86 million Americans have pre-diabetes (2012) leading to a whopping $245 billion spent on diabetes treatment in the US in 2012.
There is no one “diet” that is right for everyone because of something called bio-individuality. Each of our biochemical makeups is different. What we’ve done and where we have been so far in life molds our likes and dislikes and the way our bodies react to certain food choices. My job and my passion is to figure out what makes you tick, what is causing more inflammation than necessary in your body, why you feel sick and tired all the time, why you have trouble losing fat or gaining muscle, why you’re on 10 different medications and work with you to peel away the layers of damage that have been done to allow you to feel happy, healthy, productive, and energetic every day for the rest of your life.
WHO I CAN HELP
- Athletes who desire to fuel their workouts for improved athletic performance and decreased recovery time
- Anyone who is experiencing insulin resistance or sugar cravings and wants help cutting back sugar in their diet
- Men, Women, and Children battling Diabetes, High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, and/or Obesity.
- Men and women looking for fat loss, whether you have newly gained weight or have been struggling to get rid of it for years
- Anyone who understands the benefit of quality nutrition habits and a good workout routine, but needs a little motivation to stay on track
- Men, Women, and children with known or unknown food sensitivities looking for relief. This could include people with skin issues, digestive disorders, seasonal allergies and chronic fatigue.
The real me – some personal stuff
- I am a little (my friends would probably say a lot) obsessed with healthy eating.
- I have a huge weakness for chocolate and sweets, so I know what it’s like to deal with cravings.
- I have a dairy allergy and avoid all forms at all costs, so I have experience working around food allergies and sensitivities.
- I love creating healthier, allergen-free recipes based on common comfort meals and treats.
- I wish I could hire someone to clean up my constant mess in the kitchen.
- I’m a Ravens fan married to a die-hard Patriots fan…with season tix to the Ravens games (I win!)
- Yup, you guessed it – I’m competitive in everything I do
- I love lifting weights and feeling strong
- I am married to my best friend and our baby is the CrossFit gym we own and operate together.
- I am totally obsessed with starfish, the beach, Hibiscus flowers and Jeep Wranglers.
- I love listening to live music, especially Country and my fave cover band – Mr. Greengenes
- I ran track competitively in high school and college. My best races were the 4×400 and 400m hurdles
- As an athlete, I have dealt with and overcome many injuries. I am thankful for the treatments I have gone through because they have helped me to be more knowledgeable when working with others recovering from injuries.
- I have had lower back pain due to 2 herniated discs that have affected me for over 2 years now. I’m a CrossFit coach who does not do CrossFit. But for my sanity, and my health, I have found ways around it!
- My favorite color is Blue
- I have a nephew who is seriously the most adorable little boy in the world. He totally has me wrapped around his fingers, as he does the rest of our family!
- My dad has an internal medicine practice in Catonsville and we work together as a great team to treat and heal people from disease!