Looking for a delicious dairy free, gluten free, naturally sweetened dessert that you can enjoy on Valentine’s Day or any day that won’t set you off track from your diet? Look no further! These mini cheesecakes are just what you need! These are not compliant with The 21 Day Sugar Detox, but they are compliant on a Paleo or Whole30 diet! They are also extremely easy to make. I hope you enjoy them!
Prep Time: 1 hour Freeze Time: 2 hours Makes: about 12 mini cheesecakes
11oz. Raw Unsalted Cashews
1 C water
Juice of 1.5 lemons
pinch of sea salt
2 tbsp. Onnit Vanilla MCT Oil or 2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 C Coconut Oil, melted
For a sweeter taste, try adding one of these options:
3 tbsp. Raw Honey
2 tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
15 drops Liquid Stevia, vanilla or other flavors to enhance desired cheesecake flavor
1 C Walnuts (toast for a richer flavor)
1 C Pecans (toast for a richer flavor)
3 tbsp. Coconut oil, melted
2 pinches salt
- Completely cover cashews in hot water and let soak for 1 hour. Then strain out the water.
- Completely cover dates in hot water and let soak for 1 hour. Then remove from water
- In food processor, blend dates with nuts and salt. Pulse until nuts are finely ground and ingredients form a sticky ball. Slowly add the 3 tbsp. of coconut oil to help mix. You will probably have to stop and scrape the sides down a few times.
- Press crust into bottom of muffin tin, about a 1″ ball for each slot.
- Clean out food processor and then add the soaked cashews with 1 C of fresh water. Blend until there are no chunks left.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. If you decide to use a sweetener, you may add it at this time.
- Scoop about 1/4 C of cashew blend on top of each crust and smooth out.
- Top with your favorite fruit, paleo caramel, or dark chocolate.
- Place in freezer for about 2 hours. Then enjoy!
- Store extras in freezer, and remove about 45 minutes before eating.
Here are some suggested toppings:
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, warm up 1 C frozen strawberries. Once they are softened, add 1 tsp lemon juice + 1 tsp honey (or sweetener of choice). Mash and simmer over low heat until you have a thick puree.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, warm up 1 C frozen blueberries. Once they are softened, add 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar. Mash and simmer over low heat until the liquid reduces to a thicker consistency. I like to use a flavored balsamic for dessert reductions like blueberry, chocolate, or fig.
- Melt 1 C chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life dairy free) with 1 tsp coconut oil and stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecakes. If you are keeping things sugar free, I would suggest melting an Eating Evolved Midnight Coconut Bar (100% dark chocolate) along with the coconut oil for a sugar free chocolate topping.